[lbo-talk] Carville picks up the "narrative" idea

Lance Murdoch lancemurdoch at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 17:58:32 PST 2004

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 11:55:17 -0500, Jon Johanning <jjohanning at igc.org> wrote:
> For some strange reason, though, he also resonated with the "born
> again" thing -- wonder what his religion is?

Carville of course gets points deducted for various things, but I was impressed more by him in the D.A. Pennebaker documentary "The War Room". The movie's a documentary that spans from when Clinton was a dark horse in New Hampshire to Inauguration Day, 1993. He gave a speech to the staff about hierarchy and the importance of labor which was more moving than anything Clinton ever said. His loyalty might be to the wrong groups and the wrong people but his heart is probably in the right place.