[lbo-talk] Madonna calls for full US withdrawal

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 9 19:36:17 PST 2004

Wednesday November 10, 05:38 AM

Madonna calls for US troops to leave Iraq

LONDON (AFP) - US pop star Madonna made a rare foray into politics, calling for her home country to withdraw its troops from Iraq during an interview with British radio.

"I just don't want American troops to be in Iraq, period," she said on BBC Radio.

"My feelings are 'can we just all get out?'," said the 46-year-old star, who lives mainly in London with British film director husband Guy Ritchie, who said she believes the US-led war will not help in the fight against terrorism.

[...]

http://au.news.yahoo.com/041109/19/rnmi.html

===== "I'm not too worried by hegemony / I know the cadre will look after me" - Magazine, "Model Worker," 1978