[lbo-talk] Everybody Knows...

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Thu Nov 11 11:44:13 PST 2004

Doug Henwood wrote:

>>..by now that the ABB Left were the biggest losers of the election.
>>That should be an established fact beyoud all doubt by now:

I have a doubt, but maybe I don't count. Who do you think could have defeated Bush? Maybe Jesus Christ himself, but short of that, who? Dennis Kucinich? Ralph Nader? Wake up, stop dreaming.

Any ham sandwich bright enough to oppose Ubu on his lies, his immoral war, and his 9/11 criminal nonfeasance could have crushed him. The election wasn't lost--it was thrown. In todays LATIMES Arianna Huffington points a finger:

" Twelve days before the election, James Carville stood in a Beverly Hills living room surrounded by two generations of Hollywood stars. After being introduced by Sen. John Kerry's daughter, Alexandra, he told the room - confidently, almost cockily - that the election was in the bag.

"If we can't win this damn election," the advisor to the Kerry campaign said, "with a Democratic Party more unified than ever before, with us having raised as much money as the Republicans, with 55% of the country believing we're heading in the wrong direction, with our candidate having won all three debates, and with our side being more passionate about the outcome than theirs - if we can't win this one, then we can't win [anything]! And we need to completely rethink the Democratic Party."

full article at: http://email.latimes.com/cgi-bin1/DM/y/ekKh0H461s0G2B0GIE80AV

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things...It consents and does not consent to be called Zeus."

Herakleitos of Ephesos -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20041111/b52c25ba/attachment.htm>