[lbo-talk] Sean Wilentz: Blue Cities vs. Red Surrounds

John Adams jadams01 at sprynet.com
Thu Nov 11 21:39:10 PST 2004

On Nov 11, 2004, at 11:59 PM, Michael Pollak wrote:

> [I wonder if there would be a way to map this in a way that would be
> striking and clear. Perhaps by county?]

Here's a county-by-county map that does the blue/red thing: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mejn/election/countymaplarge.png

There was a graphic on the front page of the S. J. Mercury News last Sunday illustrating this in the case of California--you might check their website and see if they've got a version on-line.

As for other mappings, it might be interesting to go down to the precinct level and look at, oh, some metropolitan areas and the counties touching them.

All the best,

John A