[lbo-talk] Where we stand today

Michael Dawson mdawson at pdx.edu
Thu Nov 11 21:42:22 PST 2004

Yo, Doug! Lacny makes me look like Mr. Rogers, and this is all he ever does...

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of John Lacny Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2004 9:16 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Where we stand today

Lance Murdoch proves that he is a pontificating moron:

> The unions that organize the most workers? Like what
> SEIU "local" 1199? A "local" that spreads from New
> York to Kentucky? How did a "local" become so big

Thanks for proving my point, you clueless dipshit. The 1199s are SEPARATE locals. The original was 1199 in New York, which was an independent union; they then sent organizers into other states and formed other locals, starting with B (South Carolina, now defunct), C (Philadelphia), and so on, including P, West Virginia/Ohio/Kentucky, New England, etc. They organized unions by militant struggle -- you know, the kind of thing you also know absolutely nothing about. Only later did these locals merge with other international unions, a few with AFSCME and most with SEIU. But each is its own local, with its own elected local leadership. And then, within each local, there are facility-by-facility "chapters" that also elect their own officers.

So guess what? You have just proven my point that you need to shut the fuck up when you don't have the slightest idea what you're talking about. Chances are you'll continue to pontificate without knowing the basic facts, though. Do you ever get embarrassed by this? Or don't you care?