[lbo-talk] Possible Bright Side?

R rhisiart at charter.net
Fri Nov 12 21:22:10 PST 2004

At 07:02 AM 11/11/2004, you wrote:
>R quoted a Counterpunch Bush apologist:
>
>>For those still caught up in a love affair with Kerry's Democrats,
>>beware: It was under Bush -- not Clinton -- that the U.S. briefly
>>challenged the WTO's legitimacy over steel imports.
>
>Oh great. The same "fuck the world" mentality that brought us the Iraq war
>is celebrated as a model for economic policy.
>
>Maybe they should do a little less punching and a little more thinking.
>
>Doug

hi doug: i didn't know you were a fan of the WTO steel import agreement, kerry dems and wild bill clinton.

i hope your note doesn't mean you're not going to take a look at "bush apologist" Joshua Frank's book *Left Out: How Liberals did Bush's Work for Him* when it's published by Common Courage Press next year? i hear it's good.

there's a meaningful difference between a punch and a counterpunch. since you find sports boring and have no idea what it is, you might ask a friend who understands boxing to explain it.

We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. -- George Orwell