[lbo-talk] House of Saud Conspiracism Ate my Brain so I Hired aLawyer

Chip Berlet c.berlet at publiceye.org
Sat Nov 13 08:30:57 PST 2004

Hi,

Response below...

________________________________

From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org on behalf of John Bizwas Sent: Fri 11/12/2004 11:59 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: [lbo-talk] House of Saud Conspiracism Ate my Brain so I Hired aLawyer

<<SNIP>>

So, don't you think this person ought to explain how the Israeli Government somehow rises above that mix? Also, why does this author spend more time covering anti-Israeli 'conspiracism' rather than balancing it with Israeli and American paranoid emotionalism about Arabs and Islam (which we see some of in Moore's film even)? Was he commissioned to write an article only on anti-Jewish conspiracism (and why, and by whom)? Or is it that he just doesn't know any better and think we ought to conned constantly by such manipulations of the agenda and what it is, a priori, acceptable and valid for discussion? For example, what sort of freak conspiracy mentality (and greed) gave the world this sort of lawsuit (http://archives.cnn.com/2002/LAW/08/15/attacks.suit/)? Anti-semitism? I don't think so. Typically American. Shit yeah.

= = = =

Hi,

I'm the author. The article was part of a larger package of articles in the current New Internationalist magazine that talks about how antisemitism is eroding the ability of the political left to take a moral highground when criticizing the policies of the Israeli government; and how the Israeli government uses the issue as "moral justification for its policies."

http://www.newint.org/issue372/contents.htm

The New Internationalist has a long history of supporting justice for Palestinians and peace in the Middle East. It has carried articles about increasing bigotry against Arabs and Muslims.

It would have been nice if you had bothered to do a little homework before posting your remarks.

-Chip Berlet

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: application/ms-tnef Size: 5026 bytes Desc: not available URL: <../attachments/20041113/258ac73e/attachment.bin>