[lbo-talk] Vote Fraud? The Geeks Speak.

Ronnie Dadone dadoner at chesco.com
Sat Nov 13 21:27:05 PST 2004

> There was a second report besides the Voting Technology Project by
> another professor (sorry I did not write down his name) that left open
> the possibility of tampering, it was on MSNBC Keith Olberman (sp?)
> show a couple days ago. Now it seems the Voting Tech Project is
> getting all the press - perhaps to quell things down.
> Marta

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2004/11/10/1172/9052

[Dr. Avi Rubin, currently Professor of Computer Science at John Hopkins University.]

!!! BREAKING - DIEBOLD SOURCE CODE !!! by ouranos Wed Nov 10th, 2004 at 08:07:02 PST

Dr. Avi Rubin is currently Professor of Computer Science at John Hopkins University. He "accidently"got his hands on a copy of the Diebold software program--Diebold's source code--which runs their e-voting machines.

Dr. Rubin's students pored over 48,609 lines of code that make up this software. One line in partictular stood out over all the rest:

#defineDESKEY((des_KEY8F2654hd4"

Diaries :: ouranos's diary ::

Go to http://www.senderberl.com/111004.htm

Scroll down to E-MAIL RECEIVED EARLY AM NOVEMBER 10, 2004

Dr. Avi Rubin is currently Professor of Computer Science at John Hopkins University. He "accidently"got his hands on a copy of the Diebold software program--Diebold's source code--which runs their e-voting machines.

Dr. Rubin's students pored over 48,609 lines of code that make up this software. One line in partictular stood out over all the rest:

#defineDESKEY((des_KEY8F2654hd4"

All commercial programs have provisions to be encrypted so as to protect them from having their contents read or changed by anyone not having the key..The line that staggered the Hopkin's team was that the method used to encrypt the Diebold machines was a method called Digital Encryption Standard (DES), a code that was broken in 1997 and is NO LONGER USED by anyone to secure prograns.F2654hd4 was the key to the encryption. Moreover, because the KEY was IN the source code, all Diebold machines would respond to the same key. Unlock one, you have then ALL unlocked.

I can't believe there is a person alive who wouldn't understand the reason this was allowed to happen. This wasen't a mistake by any stretch of the imagination. This was a fixed election, plain and simple.

This second coup d'etat is either stopped now or America ceases to be.

See more links at http://www.senderberl.com/111004.htm