[lbo-talk] Is an unlikely coincidence a shared experience?

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 15 07:00:48 PST 2004

I received an invite a few weeks ago and have been lurking on [rhetoric-list].

Interesting texture.

IMHO, not nearly as intellectually stimulating as this list, but would be an excellent place for the more learned on [lbo-talk] to do a little educating and enlightening of the "masses".

It's a yahoogroup in HTML,with one "Panel" ad on the page (today it was an anemically animated Netflix ad). Actually it's two groups. [pnew-list] is G0lem's (why does that "handle" remind me of a british ham radio callsign?) personal posting portal and a submission channel for longer posts, archivings, etc.

Recently, on a busy day there's about 15-30 posts to [rhetoric-list].

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at yahoo.com

----- Original Message ----- From: Chip Berlet To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Saturday, November 13, 2004 1:41 PM Subject: RE: [lbo-talk] Is an unlikely coincidence a shared experience?

Hi,

Relax.

The G0lem is Hank Roth, a weird combo Jewish war veteran and leftie activist who has been running cyberlists since the days of the BBSs and FidoNet in the mid 1980s.

http://pnews.org/

He is a character, (like I'm not?) but I have traded information and articles with him for almost 20 years, and consider him a friend. He is just trolling for people to join his list. He is probably harvesting e-mails from list archives.

-Chip Berlet