[lbo-talk] Condomleeza Rice

R rhisiart at charter.net
Tue Nov 16 15:46:25 PST 2004

At 11:27 AM 11/16/2004, you wrote:
>The appointment of Condomleeza Rice as a replacement for Collin Powell was
>unanimously seen by BBC website readers
>http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/talking_point/4013787.stm
>as a bad move, portraying Ms. Rice as a divisive ideologue and Bush's
>yes-woman - and contrasting her with Mr. Powell portrayed as lone voice of
>reason and moderation.
>
>I understand these are popular perceptions. Can anyone offer inside scoops
>on the issue?
>
>Wojtek

not since she stopped speaking to me when i referred to her as kindasleazy rice several years ago. ;-)

it's worse than the BBC portrays it. she's a wealthy fanatic and shrub's female poodle, as the BBC almost says. she's also cheney's alter ego, and a dutiful PNAC operator. (powell was no voice for reason and moderation; how this myth about him persists after four years i'll never know.)

she's a disaster for the world and an even bigger disaster for the US. she'll purge the dept of state so that the experienced, knowledgeable and informed personnel will either shut up or leave. middle east experts will quit and/or be silenced; probably very like the china experts were handled during the mccarthy/cold war years. the lunatics will take over the asylum.

she'll be as effective representing the information gathered by state -- assuming it remains able to perform this function -- to high levels of the US govt as she was handling 9/11 warnings in her national security job. the state dept will become even more of a propaganda agency that it is now. leaving the US flying blind regarding the genuine dangers in the world.

one has to hand it to usama BL, assuming he did it without cheney's help. all he had to do was give the US a push and the country is self destructing.

four moron years,