[lbo-talk] Virgin Mary In Grilled Cheese

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Nov 18 06:20:39 PST 2004

At 11:59 PM 11/17/2004, Michael Pugliese wrote:
> Nah, http://www.crazy4cinema.com/Actress/stanwyck.html
> A decade ago on CNN I saw in some upstate NY field thousands of
>Catholics assembled 'cuz they saw the Virgin Mary in the sky.
>--
>Michael Pugliese

Here in limpdick is the famous Virgin Mary on the windows of a former bank building. The building's glass windows were either defective or the sun simply discolored them -- or both. A woman leaving the bank thought it looked like TVM and called the media. There was actually a conference held nearby where experts convened to examine the windows and propose explanations for the appearance of the image.

From what I hear, it caused such a stir for awhile there were several accidents from the rubbernecking. By the time I moved here, people visited daily, sitting on white plastic lawn chairs lined up auditorium-style outside. People would being flowers--real and plastic. Etc. On Sundays, ISTR they'd have a podium set up for a service.

http://www.visionsofjesuschrist.com/weeping286.htm

This year, someone broke the windows.

http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/1088392/posts

"We live under the Confederacy. We're a podunk bunch of swaggering pious hicks."

--Bruce Sterling