[lbo-talk] End of Black Reconstruction (was Why I HateCourts--orhow judicial review destroyed the country)

Michael Dawson MDawson at pdx.edu
Thu Nov 18 12:07:51 PST 2004

But you can't sustain your argument if you admit Reconstruction was flawed from Day One, can you? As MLK argued, if you don't have the money for lunch, being allowed to sit at the lunch-counter isn't much of a victory. Reconstruction wasn't helped by the courts. But it wasn't adequate way before the courts got involved. This society's troubles go deeper than the courts.