[lbo-talk] Florida anomalies

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 18 18:29:22 PST 2004

>Just a quick legal question
>
>Suppose it is true and Kerry got the true Majorty there and it swung the
>electoral votes his way. Does his conceding the election to Bush make
>that concession legally binding?
>
>Kevin Robert Dean

The concession is just a courtesy and not legally binding. That said I'm certain even if such a turn of events came to pass many Republicans will scream that it is. If you think the media were hard on Clinton try putting Kerry in office after a recount. The venom and hatred will show the reactionary elements for what they really are. Not that many would notice.

John Thornton