[lbo-talk] The nights are long...was Christian cult crap something or other...

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Fri Nov 19 14:45:39 PST 2004

People in conservative Christian evangelical or fundamentalist social and political movements are not in "cults.".. Chip Berlet

---------

Huh? If they're not cults, then they're X-Files alien pod people escaped from Area 51 holding centers. They breed like bacteria. One goes in the gas station bathroom and a dozen come out looking all alike.

I could never figure out their gig. It wasn't dope. It wasn't sex. It wasn't fun. It sure wasn't the food or social scene. Definitely not the liquor. It wasn't the clothes. It wasn't the cars. It wasn't the crap they read. Their politics are as bad as their breath, their eyesight, and their figures. They are a little like some Morons, I mean Mormons, I knew on my mother's side of the family, but they are a whole lot nastier. I noticed my sister's kids all rebelled the minute they got away from home. My oldest niece has been marriage a couple of times and she is still in her twenties. My oldest nephew joined the military (don't know what branch. My suggestion was the Navy, since Iraq resistance has no navy). My sister is a Fundie, but I think she went to a cult in the early 80s in Oregon and came back a pregnant pod-people imitation of who I grew up with. It's true I did torture her a lot when she was little. Maybe that had something to do with it. Maybe Schully can look into it. Strange shit happens in Oregon.

I see no reason to have anything to do with them. Whenever I meet one, something inside me shutters with horror (Did you every notice that dogs instinctively growl wherever one Them is in the room?). I smile and chat politely and then look for a door. I am thinking of getting dog to keep me safe at night...

CG