[lbo-talk] Florida anomalies

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Sat Nov 20 13:08:34 PST 2004

> Because remember: the Watergate break-in wasn't necessary to get Nixon
> re-elected either. He won in a real landslide.

That's an interesting parallel to comtemplate. People forget, but Watergate was a story that was out there months before Nixon got re-elected. It was simply dismissed by the major media as an obsession of cranks that would never go anywhere. I personally remember bringing it up in a mock presidential debate in my eighth-grade social studies class under Mrs. Tarver. Even I felt like a conspiracy nut for saying it and passed on to what I considered stronger points.

Michael