[lbo-talk] NYT: "Negotiators Add Abortion Clause to Spending Bill"

Jon Johanning zenner41 at mac.com
Sat Nov 20 13:26:58 PST 2004

On Nov 20, 2004, at 3:22 PM, Doug Henwood wrote:

> But they're doing it with "salami tactics," as they used to say in the
> cold war days. Partial birth (see, they've even changed the
> language!), Conner's (sp?) law, bans on public funding, this new
> funding scheme. At some point, overturning Roe v Wade could just end
> up as a formality.

Yes, but couldn't this salami approach alarm the passive abortion-rights supporters (assuming that each slice of the salami is adequately reported to the public, and that the sum of the slices is added up by pro-choice organizations and vociferously publicized)? As I said, I'm probably indulging in wishful thinking.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org _____________________________ "Simply by being human we do not have a common bond. For all we share with all other humans is the same thing we share with all other animals -- the ability to feel pain." -- Richard Rorty