[lbo-talk] Re: Political Cartography

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 21 08:17:08 PST 2004

>From: andie nachgeborenen <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com>
>
> > But it is all disintegrating before our very eyes.
> > Change is happening all
> > the time. What might be done will emerge in time,
> > in the light of changing
> > circumstances.
>
>Yes, as it says in King Lear, Ripeness is all. But
>look what happened in that story. Change is happening.
>It is not always improvement. I don't counsel despair.
>But "just wait till next year" gets thin even for a
>Cubs fan. jks

Buck up. Sure, the left may be in disgrace with fortune and men's eyes, beweeping its outcast state, so to speak. But take it from the US Coast Guard, whose motto goes: "Semper Paratus." To cite WS still again, "There is a tide in the affairs of men, which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune; omitted, all the voyage of their life is bound in shallows and in miseries ...."

Carl