[lbo-talk] Re: Excessive Lawsuits, Gay Rights, Tort Reform, and the Incredibles

Tommy Kelly tkelly15450 at charter.net
Sun Nov 21 15:23:41 PST 2004

Doug Henwood wrote:

<<It would be the insurance company that would be out the $250k, and doctors are rarely disciplined. We've had some egregious cases of serial butchery in the U.S. that go undetected for years.

You may be assuming too much about the rationality of the U.S. legal and medical systems.>>

Doug I seriously doubt the doctor was trying to hurt his/her patient. If anything, the medical field is over-worked, having to work through bureaucratic paperwork, et cetera.