[lbo-talk] Re: Political Cartography

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Nov 21 16:20:36 PST 2004

Doug Henwood wrote:

> And call me an old-fashioned wuss, but I think establishing a decent
> welfare state in the U.S. would be good in itself,

Of course. Who would disagree?

> and part of a
> foundation for something more radical.

Well, it didn't work in 1914 in Germany, or 1945 in England, or 1965 in the U.S. But you never can tell. Perhaps it's correct to assue the clock stopped in 1914 and all we have to do is keep plugging away forllowing the SPD and all will be well.

But let me emphasize, in my last several posts I have _not_ been discussing any political issue. I've been concerned strictly with reasonably accurate diction.

Carrol