[lbo-talk] Pit Bulls for Christ

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Nov 22 14:29:05 PST 2004

Poor Li'l Pitbulls 22 November 2004 Paranoia & rage: Scripps Howard News Service editorial policy director Jay Ambrose sees the victory of "moral values" and the defeat of gay marriage and senses a "new bigotry" http://www.sunherald.com/mld/thesunherald/news/editorial/10236101.htm in the air. Against gays and lesbians? Nah. Against poor li'l Christian conservatives. "There's a new bigotry in town. It comes equipped with an epithet or two -- 'religious right' is the favorite term now -- and will no doubt soon produce something equivalent to the Protocols of the Elders of Zion." Of course, those protocols were used by czar -- and, later, Henry Ford -- to persecute a tiny, politically minority. Ambrose's supposed victims are the plurality and the most powerful force in politics. Will these unfortunate souls ever feel safe? Maybe so, if they adopt the Bob Jones "let it boil" 'tude, given a new name by Christian conservative talkshow host Doug Giles, who asks Christians "Do You Have a Pit Bull Attitude?" You'd better -- or else Giles will call you a poodle.

Don't be a Poodle!

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/douggiles/dg20041120.shtml

"We live under the Confederacy. We're a podunk bunch of swaggering pious hicks."

--Bruce Sterling