[lbo-talk] How the Repugs won the GOTV battle in Ohio

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Nov 22 23:23:18 PST 2004

At 02:09 AM 11/23/2004, Michael Pollak wrote:

>Just as a speculation, it seems one provisional and substantial network
>where the Tupperware model might well work is on exurban unionized
>workers. A friend who is a researcher from SEIU who parachutted into
>exurban Wisconsin for the last two months of the campaign immediately
>realized that he was operating at a disadvantage to Republicans because
>they were using local folks.

just because i can't resist: i tol' y'all that this is what they were doing. they're relying on social networks. i used to get their little annoucements and they were constantly telling people to get their friends, neighbors, relatives, workmates to vote for Shrubya. That and the churches. the kerry campaign was always asking for money. also, my repub insider friend told me that they'd collected this absolutely massive e-mail database, getting everyone they could to turn over their e-mail lists. it was, apparently, quite an extraordinary spam operation.

kelley

"We live under the Confederacy. We're a podunk bunch of swaggering pious hicks."

--Bruce Sterling