[lbo-talk] We spend years driving American manufacturing to China, and +this+ is how you pay us back?

Jonathan Lassen jjlassen at chinastudygroup.org
Tue Nov 23 12:17:19 PST 2004

Free versions at:

http://news.ft.com/cms/s/9c19cae0-3d1d-11d9-abe0-00000e2511c8.html http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000103&sid=aEZnFXxTPDTU&refer=news_index

They conceded that point a long time ago, actually. The company's statement is the same they've been making for a while: they'd allow unions if the workers actually wanted them.

Also, this is only for the 18,000+ retail workers, not the 10 million + workers in Wal-Mart's subcontracting factories. Still, a joyful piece of news.

JL