[lbo-talk] Not Just a Cheezy Movie

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Nov 23 12:57:29 PST 2004

Joel Wendland wrote:

>the increasingly eccentric Nicholas Cage

New York Post [Page Six] - November 23, 2004

DECLARE HER A DUNCE!

SOMEBODY get Nicolas Cage's new wife, Alice, an American history book - and quick! Spies at the L.A. premiere of "National Treasure" last week said Alice, 20, seemed befuddled when someone talked to her about the Declaration of Independence. "She looked at them and said, 'What is the Declaration of Independence?' " our witness relates - an account confirmed by another attendee. Cage, 40, quickly came to the rescue and said, "I'm sorry - please don't ask my wife any history questions." Another source said, "Nic is so odd - a day before he married Alice, he was asking friends for advice because he didn't want to go through with the wedding. He just can't be alone." Cage and Alice met on Valentine's Day at a sushi joint where she was a waitress, and just six months later tied the knot. Annett Wolff, Cage's representative, said: "I am sure Alice knows about the Declaration of Independence and they could not be more in love or happy."