[lbo-talk] Interview with Michael Hardt

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Tue Nov 23 14:29:25 PST 2004

Thomas S.: -clip-

One manifestation of this is the nature of demonstrations which, as Hardt points out, have become more colorful, playful, joyful in recent times.

^^^^ CB: I'm not questioning your advocacy of lively demos.

However, I'm not sure that demos of the "past" were duller. I recall the million people in NYC in the early eighties demonstrating against nukes were very festive. Bread and Puppett and all that. I'm just posing a fact check.

Also, it might be awkward to be too joyous or playful at an anti-war or anti-lynching protest.

((((

Amsterdam News -

A medicolegal lynching in Georgia by ALTON H. MADDOX JR. Special to the AmNews Originally posted 11/4/2004 Bernard Burden ...

http://www.amsterdamnews.org/news/Article/Article.asp?NewsID=50045&sID=34