[lbo-talk] Detroit vs Indiana Incident ( was Look Who's Got A Blog! (Yawn))

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 24 12:40:54 PST 2004

Yeah, I agree with the observations about the media cultivation of "bad asses" in the NBA, NFL, etc. However, I am kind of happy that those Trailblazers went after the fans (even if they hit the wrong people...I know, I know..no small mistake). If fans are going to get drunk and start throwing beer at players, they deserve to get their asses kicked. Maybe fans will think twice before they throw stuff onto the court.

On the other hand, maybe not. I can easily imagine people wanting to have bragging rights to the biggest brawl (the South Carolina v. Clemson one will be hard to beat though)..or one can imagine that some people might look at the opportunity as a way of getting an easy couple of million by suing the players afterwards.