[lbo-talk] Haven't Heard Enough

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Wed Nov 24 17:26:40 PST 2004

>[lbo-talk] The Democratic Party Successfully Legitimates the Bush Regime
>Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu, Wed Nov 24 13:29:21 PST 2004
<snip>
>Of some interest, but my question was not the number who subscribed
>to the Nation, or even the number who read it occasionally (which
>would be considerably larger than the number subscribing) but the
>percentage of the entire popoulation that even knew of the
>magazine's existence! Note that my post named three organizations
>and one person in addition to the publications mentioned. The issue
>concerns the _visibility_ of "The Left." Concern about style or
>content of the "left message" is premature unless it incorporates
>some program for gaining _attention_ to that message.

Sunday, September 05, 2004 Haven't Heard Enough

What's the most difficult task that confronts leftists in the United States? To get Americans to realize that they _exist_. . . .

<http://montages.blogspot.com/2004/09/havent-heard-enough.html>

I haven't had a chance to look for newer polls and update the above posting, but I doubt that the proportions have changed much since June 24, 2004. -- Yoshie

* Critical Montages: <http://montages.blogspot.com/> * Greens for Nader: <http://greensfornader.net/> * Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * OSU-GESO: <http://www.osu-geso.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>