[lbo-talk] Re: The Democratic Party Successfully Legitimates

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 25 11:57:41 PST 2004

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 11:39:06 -0800, Marta Russell <ap888 at lafn.org> wrote:

> Ahnold Schwartzenegger
>
>> Bush is out of the running in 2008, and it might be rather hard for the
>> GOP to come up with a candidate with his appeal (then again, maybe it
>> might not be -- they seem to be able to come up with any number of
>> charismatic doofuses).

http://www.pollingreport.com/2008.htm Newsweek Poll conducted by Princeton Survey Research Associates International. Sept. 2-3, 2004. N=1,008 registered voters nationwide (MoE ± 4), including 374 Republicans (MoE ± 6)"Looking ahead to the next presidential campaign, please tell me which, if any, of the following Republicans you would like to see run for president in 2008. What about [see below]? Would you like him to run in 2008, or not?"

.

Would Would Not Unsure

% % % Rudy Giuliani

ALL voters 50 37 13

Republicans 65 24 11

. John McCain

ALL voters 48 36 16

Republicans 47 39 14

. Arnold Schwarzenegger, if the Constitution were changed to allow foreign-born U.S. citizens to run

ALL voters 22 66 12

Republicans 30 57 13

. Florida Governor Jeb Bush

ALL voters 15 66 19