[lbo-talk] Fantasies of Left Liberalism

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Nov 25 14:23:06 PST 2004

At 01:42 PM 11/25/2004, Carrol Cox wrote:
>What is it about left-liberal politics that drives adherents to invent a
>fantasy of the gloomy leftist?

:p 'coz they write notes to e-lists hopin' to pick a fight on Turkey Day?
[1] Awww, Carrol, I love ya and one big, fat kelleyflavoredsmooch atchya!

Seriously, I personally haven't encountered cranky, grumpy leftists in my lifetime, not in person anyway. Others say they have. I guess what people may be talking about is the joy that seems to come over some of the Disaster Recovery Left: the ones who hope that a stock market crash or environmental disaster are the path to revolution?

Dunno.

Anyway, Carrol, another smooch. I'm going to drink some wine, watch sonshine clean my car for me, make fun of the beau who smells like gasoline after he and shoneshine screwed up when putting an air filter on, and wait for the toikey to get done.

YUM!

[1] and the inevitable person who will bitch at me because I dare celebrate toikey day without mentioning the slaughter of native americans. you laugh! i _have_ seen that happen before.

"We live under the Confederacy. We're a podunk bunch of swaggering pious hicks."

--Bruce Sterling