[lbo-talk] RE: New Yorker's Jon Lee Anderson on de-Baathification

John Bizwas bizwas at lycos.com
Sat Nov 27 00:29:14 PST 2004

De-baathification? What de-baathification? Allawi is a Baathist who wants to kill Saddam Hussein. Like so many pieces appearing in US and UK media, it asks us to assume true a really HUGE LIE: that the heart of the anti-occupation rebellion is bitter ex-baathists and Zaraqawi zombies. You see, it makes it so much easier to turn a city of 500,000 into unpeople and bomb their city into ruins. Whenever you read a mainstream piece, always ask first, what is the really big BEGGED QUESTION here. Then ask yourself, if the piece is glossing over something without real evidence to support the assumption as if it were a law of science, why am I wasting my time?

F -- _______________________________________________ Find what you are looking for with the Lycos Yellow Pages http://r.lycos.com/r/yp_emailfooter/http://yellowpages.lycos.com/default.asp?SRC=lycos10