[lbo-talk] Re: Trotsky

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 27 08:07:41 PST 2004

--- Turbulo at aol.com wrote:
> Is this any surprise after seventy years of official
> lies about Trotsky, Lenin and the entire history of
> the revolution?

Russians are generally divided into people who think the Brezhnev era was the greatest thing since sliced bread (and, come to think of it, I don't think Russia has sliced bread) and people who think that the October Revo derailed Russia from its natural arc of development. In neither interpretation does Trotsky look good.

I have some sympathy for both of these views, and also for the Trotskyist view -- they are all partially correct, history being the blind men and the elephant and all. That said, reading Trotsky would be much more enjoyable if he didn't feel he had to demonstrate that he is a suuuuuuuuper-genius on every page. The guy was insufferable.

===== Nu, zayats, pogodi!