[lbo-talk] CHAVEZ THANKS PUTIN FOR VENEZUELA SUPPORT

Michael Dawson mdawson at pdx.edu
Sat Nov 27 08:13:01 PST 2004

Well: Pretty cool! Chavez makes me happy.

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Chris Doss Sent: Saturday, November 27, 2004 3:15 AM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: [lbo-talk] CHAVEZ THANKS PUTIN FOR VENEZUELA SUPPORT

MOSCOW, November 26 (RIA Novosti) - Hugo Chavez has thanked Vladimir Putin and all Russia for Venezuela support.

"The first thing I would like to tell you, my dear president, and all Russia will be 'Thank you very much'. These words are coming from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for support you've given us-it has helped us to survive the storms and upheavals," said Chavez, implying political events in Venezuela.

Since the first meeting with Putin in 2001, said Chavez, Venezuela has seen many storms threatening to sink our vessel full of sailors. But we have braved all the upheavals and shall not allow any such repetition, said the president of Venezuela.

"We have entered a new stage of Russian-Venezuelan relations, especially after the referendum and regional polls of October 31 in Venezuela," said Chavez.

The governments of the two countries can congratulate each other on the pace and vigour with which bilateral relations are developing, said Chavez.

He made a point that Venezuela's vice-president came to Moscow as soon as four days after the elections to attend the first session of an inter-government commission which had been delayed in 2002, 2003 and the greater while of 2004 because of internal (Venezuelan) difficulties. "We devoted ourselves to survival efforts," he said.

The October 31 elections were endangered by the movement which sought to destabilise the situation in the country and to defy our victory, he said. "Instead, we won in 20 out of 22 governor districts and 60 percent of the elected mayors proved to support our position. Ours was a crystal-clear victory," said the president of Venezuela.

"We came to Moscow 27 days after the referendum and, embarking on a new round our relationships, we shall not allow anything to mar them," said Chavez.

"Those who wanted to remove me from my post are not quite pleased with my trip to Moscow. These are people who are eager to create a one-polar world and to governthe destinies of the world from one point."

"The world is living through a thrilling period as it has stood up to resist subjugation," noted the Venezuelan president. He assured Russia that Venezuela shares the vision of a multi-polar world.

"We welcome the process of Russia's consolidation. We rejoiced at your election when the people offered you extremely wide backing. We admire your firm direction of the process of great Russia's revival," concluded Chavez.

http://en.rian.ru/rian/index.cfm?prd_id=160&msg_id=5139639&startrow=1&date=2 004-11-26&do_alert=0

===== Nu, zayats, pogodi!