[lbo-talk] Challenge for leftists of all stripes

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 28 16:42:41 PST 2004

Doug:

How would production be organized and owned? I never hear these corp personhood types talk about that.

But it sounds to me as if the question of whether legal personhood for corporations is an unalloyed bad is separate from the question of how large scale enterprises would be owned and organized if this status were removed.

Right now, I'm looking at the display screen of my cell phone which is manufactured by LG Electronics of South Korea.

Clearly, S. Korean firms are very large and very organized but are they considered persons under S. Korean law?

I don't know but I'm curious to find out.

Corporations are found across the globe of course and grow in different legal environments - all friendly to capital but still retaining unique characteristics.

Are all corporations everywhere considered people under the respective law of their origin countries? If some aren't, has the absence of this legal instrument prevented them from doing the sorts of things (both destructive and creative) corporations do?

.d.