[lbo-talk] Re: CHAVEZ THANKS PUTIN FOR VENEZUELA SUPPORT

Michael Dawson MDawson at pdx.edu
Mon Nov 29 09:21:59 PST 2004

That's all great (except for the usual Russian reference of which I can't make heads or tails -- who or what is Tatu?), but the question I ask is more about the character of Putin's politics. What is the basis for the economic growth? Is Putin really attacking the pirates? What is the state doing to protect the population? Is the stability likely to last, and why? Why and how much should we of the left be cheering Putin?