[lbo-talk] Challenge for leftists of all stripes

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 29 10:52:22 PST 2004

>Curtiss Leung
>

>Hell, if you had that kind of political support, might as well do all
>sorts of interesting things. Get rid of corporate personhood,
>
>-clip-
>
>CB: I've been wondering about this. What specific legal advantages does the
>personhood of the corporation give to the bourgeoisie over the working class?

All persons are guaranteed "free speech". Corporations can donate money to political parties or individuals as a guaranteed form of free speech. There is much more to it than that but this was the only one that dislodged itself from my poor memory at this moment. IIRC corporations would be easier to regulate without this idea behind them and were easier to regulate before whatever clerical error resulted in this decision being held legal. Too long ago to remember it well. I would have to dig out books to find out more.

John Thornton