[lbo-talk] Working-class Feminism (Stricter Limits on Abortion [Americans want Roe v Wade upheld])

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Mon Nov 29 16:06:23 PST 2004

You're completely right -- the rich will always have the "right" to abortion either because it is legal or because they can afford to go where it's legal.

The poor have pretty much lost the "right" to abortion in the U.S. Their last defense is Planned Parenthood...where that exists. For the rest it's coathangers. It's not just that they can't afford a doctor; it's that fewer and fewer doctors are doing it.

Joanna