[lbo-talk] ABC's InstaPoll

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 1 08:26:21 PDT 2004

My mom, who is 50 and exists in that gray area I'd call "conservative Democrat" [pro-choice, very patriotic, believes in minimum economic guarantees for the poor, etc.] told me this morning the debate reminded her of the Kennedy vs Nixon debate. That is, Kerry was cool, calm, collected, and statesmanlike [whether that's a good or bad thing is another issue], she said, while Bush was agitated, nervous, fumbled around, and was seemingly ill-at-ease.

But of course those people saying Bush "won" I think are just hopeless. Some people are going to vote for Bush even if he gets caught fucking 5 year old boys in the Oval Office.

Carl Remick wrote:

> Looks like I'm going to have to join Wojtek and
avoid watching TV. All
> earlier posters on this topic (and more importantly
my wife) said Kerry was

===== "I'm not too worried by hegemony / I know the cadre will look after me" - Magazine, "Model Worker," 1978