[lbo-talk] Science

Gregory Geboski greg at mail.unionwebservices.com
Fri Oct 1 15:46:25 PDT 2004

James Greenstein wrote:

<< the left should take a firm and extreme position in defence of science, technology and development ... >>

You can't, as S, T, and D clearly can conflict (as findings on global warming show). You can take a "firm and extreme" stand on one (maybe two, if it's T and D) but not on all three, unless one is to do total violence to the respective concepts.

Say "the left should take a firm and extreme position in defence of science" and I'm there.

---------- Original Message ---------------------------------- From: <james at communistbanker.com> Reply-To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 12:27:52 -0700 (PDT)