[lbo-talk] Warm summers or dark ages?

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Sat Oct 2 08:17:19 PDT 2004

On Oct 1, 2004, at 5:22 PM, Charles Brown wrote:

> What I have a thought about is that if we compare U.S. today and U.S.
> in
> the 1950's one doesn't feel that every new thing the corporations have
> come
> up with makes life that much better. I can't remember my life in the
> 60's
> and 70's as materially deprived compared to my life today.

You don't think that personal computers are an improvement over the 60's and 70's? I do.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ Belinda: Ay, but you know we must return good for evil. Lady Brute: That may be a mistake in the translation.

-- Sir John Vanbrugh: The Provok’d Wife (1697), I.i.