[lbo-talk] Debate verdict of Bush lover

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 2 11:05:15 PDT 2004

Even Neocons Agree: Kerry Won Debate

by Jim Lobe

... Particularly telling was an analysis written the morning after by Jay Nordlinger, the managing editor of the right-wing National Review and an outspoken supporter of the president, who questioned on the basis of Bush's performance whether he really wants to be reelected.

"If I were just a normal guy – not Joe Political Junkie – I would vote for Kerry," he wrote, in an article entitled "Don't Shoot the Messenger ... 'Cause This Assessment's Grim." "If I were just a normal, fairly conservative, war-supporting guy: I would vote for Kerry. On the basis of that debate."

"I hate to say it," continued Nordlinger, "but often Bush gave the appearance of being what his critics charge he is: callow, jejune, un-serious. And remember ... I concede this as someone who loves the man." ...

<http://www.antiwar.com/lobe/?articleid=3695>

Carl