[lbo-talk] TLF back at NYT better than ever

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 3 08:35:18 PDT 2004

>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>
>Carl Remick wrote:
>
>>[NY Times columnist Tom Friedman has just returned from his book-writing
>>sabbatical and, drawing on his recent months of deep reflection on US
>>foreign policy, is brimming with fresh insight:]
>
>Isn't he amazing? I'm sure the book he wrote in three months will be a real
>dazzler.

I think Edward S. Herman said it best in Z: "Of course, Friedman has also brought honors to the NYT with his three Pulitzer Prizes -- which some argue have done for the reputation of Pulitzer what the Nobel Peace Prize award to Henry Kissinger has done for the reputation of the peace prize."

<http://zmagsite.zmag.org/Nov2003/herman1103.html>

Carl