[lbo-talk] Out of Iraq

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Oct 4 10:01:43 PDT 2004

Dwayne Monroe wrote:

>Ulhas wrote:
>
>How about handing over things in Iraq to "Muslim forces" as a
>transitional step (as Italians seem to be suggesting)?

>Yes, this seems like a good idea to me

Last year, I took some heat from the more righteous corners of this list for saying that the U.S. should withdraw and be replaced by UN forces. I said this because it's what I thought that Iraqis thought at the time, based on polling and on what journalists who'd talked to actual Iraqis were reporting.

I realize this is an uninteresting question to the righteous corners, but do we know what Iraqis think today? I haven't heard much on the topic lately.

Doug