[lbo-talk] Warm summers or dark ages/why not....

James Heartfield Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Oct 5 08:41:57 PDT 2004

John Adams:

'I've never seen _The Sopranos_, but I did read an explication of the episode where Soprano takes his daughter off to college which argued that the episode was slanted in such a way as to make Soprano seem like a decent guy. It was a convincing argument and, even if I did have cable, I don't think I'd care to watch the show, even aside from the violence.'

It goes out on terrestrial TV here, Channel Four, and the local stuff resonates surprisingly well for me, as for most of my compatriots. The theme music is a UK band as well, I think, not wishing to be a little Englander about it. Excellent show. Very funny on therapy, machismo, loyalty, ethnic pride etc..