[lbo-talk] draft

R rhisiart at charter.net
Tue Oct 5 14:32:49 PDT 2004

At 01:39 PM 10/5/2004, you wrote:
>This was just posted to the NYC Anti-War list:
>
>>I just spent half an hour on the phone with Rangel's staff member. Rangel's
>>bill will die if not passed at the end of the Congressional term, which is
>>fast upon us. It has few sponsors. The Republicans are reviving it now and
>>speeding it along so that they can all vote "no" on it and thereby defuse
>>Kerry's argument that Bush will reinstitute the draft if re-elected. No
>>Congressmen would dare vote for the draft at this point in an election year.
>>So relax.
>>Ruth

David H. Hackworth: Uncle Sam Will Soon Want Your Kids:

Although Pentagon puff artists insist they're making quota, recruiters are already saying it would be easier to find $100 bills on the sidewalk outside a homeless shelter than fill their enlistment quotas, even with the huge bonuses now being paid. http://snipurl.com/9jwd