[lbo-talk] Vince Lombardi (Out of Iraq)

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Oct 5 15:47:26 PDT 2004

At 12:19 PM 10/5/2004, Nathan Newman wrote:

>And to be frank, who gives a shit if you get a stronger antiwar "movement"
>under Bush if you get a more pro-war government?
>
>Nathan Newman

Isn't that the whole point? I'm not a scholar of Lenin, but isn't the primary path to revolution via war -- in Lenin's book? One of those dialectical movement, contradiction/resolution things?

I always thought that this was why the focus has to be on anti-war organizing. Not just because of a nostalgia for the 60s, but because this was the condition empire will always be in, waging wars, and thus, it is the foundation for revolutionary struggle.

Kelley

"one of the lessons of 1964 that conservatives learned was that it was more important for voters to feel like they were informed than to actually be informed. conservatives now have several places where they can learn this lesson several times a year."

-- ac, the Politics list