[lbo-talk] draft crushed in House

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 5 21:51:37 PDT 2004

Well, there is no way to continue the occupation of Iraq without sustained and increasing troop strength. This is a simple mathematical fact, confirmed by military officials. And to further support this fact, today, Paul Bremer, former Iraq proconsul, blamed increasing trouble in Iraq on insufficient troop strength. The House will have to revisit this issue again, it makes sense that no one would backa draft right before the elections. Unless the US withdraws from Iraq, the bill will be back before the House sooner than later.

Joe W.