[lbo-talk] in which lbo-talk defends 'the sopranos'

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 6 05:18:58 PDT 2004

--

The Divine Comedy _is_ didactic. :) The Greeks interpreted Homer in a somewhat didactic way, using the Iliad and Odyssey literally as a textbook on what virtue and honor were. The Bible is didactic (of course), and contains Ecclesiastes and the Song of Songs, both of which I think are achingly beautiful. The Qu'ran. Lots of religious poetry. Therese Desqueroux. Paul Claudel. Late Tolstoy.

===== Nu, zayats, pogodi!