[lbo-talk] 2004-8 (Out of Iraq)

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Wed Oct 6 10:49:36 PDT 2004

Wojtek wrote:
>So stomping your feet in protest marches, demanding that the US gets
>out Iraq now, and blaming Kerry and democrats for what they did not
>do is not a serious proposal. Come back when you have something
>more constructive to say.
>Wojtek

You can't pitch any "proposal" to LBO-talk in general, which is a political chat list, not an organization (like anti-war coalitions and organizations, unions, churches, political parties, etc.) capable of organizing collecting actions. My posting was, first and foremost, addressed to those LBO-talk subscribers who are actively involved in some anti-war coalition and/or organization locally or nationally, and secondarily addressed to those subscribers who are actively involved in organizations that are not formed for the purpose of opposing the invasion of Iraq but that do support the goal of bringing the US troops home and ending the occupation of Iraq now.

>I would go as far as saying that US does not have any better choices
>but stay in Iraq for a really long time.

Some Americans agree with you, but that's a minority perspective in the United States today, and among Americans on the left, virtually no one thinks that US troops had better stay in Iraq "for a really long time." -- Yoshie

* Critical Montages: <http://montages.blogspot.com/> * Greens for Nader: <http://greensfornader.net/> * Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>