[lbo-talk] 2004-8 (Out of Iraq)

Marvin Gandall marvgandall at rogers.com
Wed Oct 6 20:39:50 PDT 2004

Yoshie replied:

> I said "four more years of wars, occupations, and economic woes," not
> "four more years of new large-scale wars, occupations, and economic
> woes."
-------------------------------- You say no "new large-scale" wars and occupations, but only the continuation of low- and mid-level insurgencies like Iraq, Afganistan, Palestine, and Colombia. Ok, I misunderstood. I thought you were suggesting the US was going to plunge ever more deeply into crisis. It's a conditioned response to your posts. :) You may be right, but I don't think these situations -- especially Iraq -- can go on indefinitely without resolution one way or another, and their outcomes are impossible to predict. Otherwise, no quibbles with the rest of your analysis.

MG