[lbo-talk] in which lbo-talk defends 'the sopranos'

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Oct 7 06:36:03 PDT 2004

Ted Winslow wrote:

> Carrol Cox wrote:
>

> This is inconsistent with the idea that the "means" - a "revolution" -
> can be successful when those employing them have no idea of the
> "purpose" their labour is to realize and have been reduced by their
> condition of absolute "alienation" to the opposite of "universally
> developed individuals."

I'm not operating on all cylinders this week, so I'm not going to try to explore this very deeply. But it seems to me your argument raises very acutely the question, "Who will educate the educators?" If those shaped by capitalism can't make a revolution, then no one can make a revolution and we are stuck forever in our present cesspool. {"Revolution" stands here for any process of fundamental change, including electoral.)

Carrol