[lbo-talk] Chomsky quote

Chip Berlet c.berlet at publiceye.org
Thu Oct 7 14:01:23 PDT 2004

Hi, Found online:

The truth is that, in the words of Noam Chomsky, "wealth and power tend to accrue to those who are ruthless, cunning, avaricious, self-seeking, lacking in sympathy and compassion, subservient to authority and willing to abandon principle for material gain, and so on. . . Such qualities might be just the valuable ones for a war of all against all." [For Reasons of State, pp. 139-140]

For Reasons of State, Fontana/Collins, Suffolk, 1973.

http://www.infoshop.org/faq/secI1.html

But the quote is not on those pages in the 1973 Vintage edition...which I have in front of me.

:-)

Chip